Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Weight loss Journey

I was debating whether to write about this or not since I'm still quite insecure about my weight and have been struggling with water retention due to my messed up menstrual cycle...ok..TMI 

For the past 3 months I have changed my lifestyle completely and decided to thoroughly shed those stubborn fats! 

I'd wished I have started this earlier because I have no idea how did i stand myself looking like that for so long... 

Back to the topic...

In three months I've lost a total of 9.5kg (~=21lbs) 
I know my progress is quite slow but I was also gaining muscles at the same time since I was not only on a strict diet but also working out at the same time...I don't want to just lose weight and feel flabby but toned (I still have a lot to work on though == ) 

I started at 64kg ..yes, i know i'm really heavy for my height! but this isn't my worst for your information...I've exceeded 70kg before ok? LOL nothing to be proud of == 

Just weighed-in today and I now weigh 54.5kg (120lbs) 

I know I'm still quite heavy for my height (5ft2) so I will keep striving until I reach my goal! 
Goal weight 1: 50kg 
Ultimate Goal weight: 48kg (dreaming) 
I don't think I can be as light as those girls nowadays since I have naturally bigger frame and I lift weights that will form muscles... 

I was actually hoping to lose more during this summer but I guess weight loss is not that easy and it's going to be a hard and long journey =( but I must be motivated! 

I've lost ~= 4 inches on my waist, ~=3 inches on each thigh (Y U NO lose more! my limbs are my most problematic areas!) 
I still don't have a perfectly flat stomach..but I hope someday it will be =) 

The happiest thing is that I've dropped 3 jeans sizes...=) 
I can now wear a size 26/ UK8/US 4 jeans =D 

my exercise routine: 
I opted for a personal trainer at my gym and I have 3 gym sessions with him every week on average but it's ending soon 
I also work out at the gym myself even when i don't have training sessions 
When I just started on this lifestyle change, I worked out about 5-6 times per week ( 4 times to the gym, 1-2 times swimming/blogilates) 
but this changed when the swimming pool near my house decided to go on maintenance 2 months ago == 
then I started going to the gym 6 times a week ( saturday is my rest day ) 
Then until september when i reached a weight plato, I went to the gym 8 times a week ( twice on tues and thurs) (saturday is still rest day) 
why twice? lifting in the day, cardio at night 
it was only for three weeks just to wake up my fats to keep working LOL 
tomorrow a new semester is starting, I'm not sure how often I can work out but hopefully still keeping it to 5-6 times a week because I still have a lot to tone! 

eating habits: 
people say abs are made in the kitchen and not the gym! it's 80% diet 20% exercise 
I started eating clean! I cut all sugary delights! no ice-creams,chocs,cakes,pastries! 
I wanted this so I must be strict...
The first 2 months I was really strict with my intake that I only eat certain fruits (guava,apples,white dragonfruit) 
I basically only eat home cooked food (no rice for dinner)...eating out was a disaster 
only salads (no, no caesar salad, only salads without dressings or balsamic vinegar) / lui cha (hakka dish, ditch the ikan bilis) / chinese food (fish+veggie+tofu only) 
drinks: only plain water or tea (non sugary ones exp:earl grey,chamomile,oolong,pu-er etc) 
snacks: certain fruits, almonds, cashew nuts, seeds 
I was that strict for 2 months! 
Now I still basically follow the above but not as strict when I eat out but i still don't touch desserts and sugary drinks ( sugar intake is still very strict at the moment) but my range of fruits have expanded LOL 

Difficulties: WHEN I TRAVEL! I've travelled 4 times during my whole summer and it was a pain to keep up with my eating plan when i'm traveling... I did let myself go at certain times but I still control my portions when I'm traveling especially with sweet stuffs..normally I limit myself to about 2-3 spoon of desserts that I really want to try overseas...
but the worst part is I can't work out when I'm traveling..luckily all my holidays requires a lot of walking (by a lot i mean A LOT!) or swimming 
I do about 60-100 sit ups in the hotel room (during my hong kong trip) 
I wasn't so tough on myself during my Japan trip and mainly because I was mentally and physically exhausted at that time 
I used to weigh-in every single day but now I'm restraining myself from doing that because I get really emotional when it doesn't go down or when it fluctuates... I'm to obsessed with numbers 
I need to keep reminding myself that slow progress is still progress and good things never come easy...I'm already doing my best and I should be proud of myself! 

Ok...a before and after pic throughout this 3 months 


I know I'm not there yet but please be patient with me =) 
I will keep going and won't stop until I've reached my goal! 






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...