Thursday, June 21, 2012

Europe Trip Part 1

I dunno how long this post will be or will I ever be able to finish writing it because I'm so damn lazy...haha
I digress,
just got my year 2 results from my tutor one hour ago...
my only aim is to get over 70 for my average mark and I did it =))))) happy enough 
hopefully I can get an average of 70 and above until I graduate =))))) it's not wrong to aim high right? 
though my average is over 70 but one stupid module was under 70 and it's design and manufacture == 
DM! why u disappoint me.... 
got 82 overall for MOS but considering my last sem's marks i think i didn't do very well for this sem's paper =( 
okok..back to topic...
went travelling the past 2 weeks...boy it was tiring! 
and expensive 
So I shall start with my first stop - ROME 
flew to rome myself from london and fortunately i didn't get lost or anything == 
met up with mom at Fiumicino Airport and got to the hotel smoothly =)))
the first day was just solely a travelling day and I was already quite exhausted ==

toured ROME the very next day~ 
finally met our tour members and our tour director, MiMi...

hop on the bus and here we go~ 
I think I've repeated this many times...lizzie mguire's song kept playing in my head...hahahaha
will I meet my Paolo at the Trevi Fountain? hahahaha obviously no == 

First Stop-Vatican City 
Didn't know I was going there until the day before...I guess when u r in Rome you are expected to go there =) 
It was quite cool to think that it's the smallest country in the world and its populations is just under 800...
I think there're much more tourists than the actual ppl staying there...






 St Peter's Basilica 

If you've studied world history ( Tsun Jin peeps!) you would have remembered that Michelangelo has a very popular ceiling masterpiece...yeap...it's inside the Sistine chapel and I've seen it =))) it's amazing! looking at it already gives you back pains..how about painting it for four years? Michelangelo must have had very bad Rheumatoid when he was old...just joking 
too bad pictures were not allowed inside the chapel...
Told by our guide that the St Peter's Basilica is the biggest Christian Church in the world! and I must say, it's huge! and none of the paintings inside were real paintings..it was all glass mosaic....imagine those people putting those pieces of mosaic together....goodness....

Next stop~
The arch~ passed by the forums but didn't really have the chance to see it closed up...but i do say it's a spectacular experience to see all these historical monuments in front of your own eyes 
 The Colosseum..seen this on tv, pictures but now i get to see it with my very own eyes...it's huge! 

 Trevi Fountain! another lizzie mguire moment == made a couple of wishes there..one went well and now waiting for the other one =)) 
 The Spanish Steps~ Audrey Hepburn's Roman holiday~

I think that's all for Rome...BTW..i ate Gelato everyday in Italy...hahahahaha
not all are good but quite satisfying XD 
Italians are very enthusiastic people..you'll get loads of hugs and kisses from the ppl there...
not like Londoners...so cold and rude =( 

will continue with Florence in my next post~ 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...