Sunday, February 17, 2013

book review - just one day by Gayle Forman

Plot:
When sheltered American good girl Allyson "LuLu" Healey first meets laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter at an underground performance of Twelfth Night in England, there’s an undeniable spark. After just one day together, that spark bursts into a flame, or so it seems to Allyson, until the following morning, when she wakes up after a whirlwind day in Paris to discover that Willem has left. Over the next year, Allyson embarks on a journey to come to terms with the narrow confines of her life, and through Shakespeare, travel, and a quest for her almost-true-love, to break free of those confines.

Review: 
Not going to lie that this is my first ever book review...
After finishing this book during dinner few hours ago, something died inside me, i was fascinated and devastated at the same time..
the one thing that truly made me caught on this book is that before reading this book, i'd wrote a short fiction and certain plots were coincidently similar and that made my heart clenched even more. 
The aftereffect was so strong that I immediately want to buck up my French so that when i have the chance to ever go back to France, I will be entirely prepared for adventures. 
I am nothing like the girl inside but she was so relatable as if i was reading about myself.
The pain she felt engraved inside me and I stopped breathing when she finally found Willem.
Not going to reveil anymore but just go get this book or borrow it from me. 
can't wait for Willem's side of the story : just one year which will only be out in fall... 

will blog about CNY soon! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...